Monday 12 December 2016

P4C

 Source: YouTube, Edward Monkton

This week, our P4C session was definitely our best discussion yet. We watched a fantastic video; 'The Pig of Happiness' as our stimulus and had a very grown up discussion. We talked about what happiness is and whether you would miss it if you had never had it. We wondered whether, in a world without happiness, you could feel sadness. Different children explained their ideas using images of scales, or comparisons to light and dark. Without having seen the light, would you know if it was dark? Without ever being happy, could you be sad? Do you need to have experienced the opposite to be able to understand it? Some children have even started to make links between previous P4C sessions, drawing on ideas from past discussions we have had. Wow!

Here are the questions we came up with this week:

1. Can everyone have happiness in their lives?
2. What would the world be like without happiness?
3. Can happiness mentally disturb you? (This group explained that they were wondering whether too much happiness can be bad for you.)
4. How and why does happiness spread?

The question we voted to discuss was: 'What would the world be like without happiness?'

At the end of our discussion this week, everyone in the class offered an interesting and insightful final thought. Well done everyone!

16 comments:

thirsa said...

I loved the p4c

millie said...

I loved this P4C lesson the question was brilliant

Beatrice said...

I really liked this weeks P4C and I loved the story The Pig of Happiness it really made me happy for the rest of the afternoon!

millie said...

i loved he trip to Dulwich picture gallery when we made the medals i really enjoyed myself

Beatrice said...

I really liked this weeks P4C and I loved the story The Pig of Happiness it really made me happy for the rest of the afternoon!

kit said...

legend!!!

aurora said...

I am happy but I am not a pig.

fredia said...

it is so happy

aurora said...

I wish I could be a pig of hapines1

yasmin and aisling said...

The pig of happiness was a good choice for a p4c lesson its about a happy pig it makes you have a smile on your face

Jada said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful lesson.

samuel said...

its the pig of me

mask girl said...

wow this was the best philosophy i ever had.

benny said...

I love pigs so much

ryan said...

good memories

violet said...

that was a happy lesson

Post a Comment